Welcome to St. Mark Parish!
4401 Bart | Warren MI 48091
1 Block North of 9 Mile at Eureka, 1 Block East of Ryan Rd.
Parish Office (586) 759-3020
Fax (586) 759 3024
Outreach (586) 759-3026
Alleluia! He is Risen!
Saturday 4 p.m., Sunday 8:30 and 11 a.m.
Monday: Communion Service at 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday through Friday: Mass at 9:30 a.m.
Confessions: Saturday at 3 p.m. until all are heard.
Anointing of the Sick: Last Sunday of each month after all Masses.
St Mark Parish Dialogue Gathering
(See update below.)
Sunday, April 10 at 12:30
in the St Mark Gathering Space.
The purpose of the Dialogue Gathering is to:
1. Hear directly from the faithful to identify the most important issues that should be addressed at the Synod;
2. Reflect upon a series of questions related to the overarching themes of the evangelization initiative, Unleash the Gospel:
to encounter Jesus, grow daily as his disciples, and give witness to the power of his mercy;
3. Encourage open, honest, and respectful sharing of each participant’s perspective and listening to the perspectives of others.
Voice how Jesus has touched your life.
Let your experience help guide the Synod 16.
Watch the Holy Spirit act!
On Sunday, April 10, nearly 40 St Mark parish members gathered to express how Jesus touches their lives. Our dialogue Gathering was quite fruitful as we shared faith-filled stories and voiced opinions regarding the future of our Church. Thanks to everyone who attended. Your open-ness to the Spirit, your willingness to share, your deep love of the Church, our parish, and your faith will contribute to the success of Synod '16.
PURPOSE OF THE SYNOD
Archbishop Allen Vigneron preached, “I will invite us to come to a Synod in the fall of 2016, an assembly of hundreds of clergy and laity, to discern what it is God wants to do in our midst and how He seeks to change our culture so that we become what Pope Francis says God wants us to be — a band of joyful missionary disciples.”
(Pentecost Vigil, May 2015)
St Mark Parish Mission Statement:
As the Eucharistic family of St. Mark Parish,
we are called to welcome, love, and serve.
We continue the mission of Jesus Christ:
“To transform our lives and believe in the Good News.”
Pastoral Council Goals
- Promote communication, understanding and collaboration among the Parish Councils, Commissions, Committees, Staff, and between the Parish and the Archdiocese.
- Encourage developing a personal and transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Uphold Catholic teaching and values which reflect the presence and love of God in all areas of daily living.
- Engage ALL parishioners and the wider community in the spiritual and communal life of the parish.